Instructions for presenter
Paper (oral presentations)
The technical session room will be set with a projector and a PC.
- The presentations should be loaded onto the PC before the start of the session. Please make sure that you load your presentation before the session starts. We suggest that you do this at least 10 minutes before the start of the session and you check that it works.
- Presentations may be in either Microsoft Powerpoint format or Adobe PDF format. In Powerpoint it is advisable to embed truetype fonts when saving (Tools menu > Options > Save tab) to minimise font problems. If your presentation is made up of pdf files, please make sure that all the fonts are embedded in the document.
- Presenters must bring their presentation on CD or USB storage device. For backup we suggest that you have both.
- Presentations must run on an IBM compatible computer.
- You should introduce yourself to the Chairs of your session before the session starts. Please present to the session chair a short biography (not more than 5 lines).
- Each presenter will have approximately 20 minutes to present their paper, plus 10 minutes for questions. Session chairs will be instructed to keep all authors strictly to this time allocation.
Overhead projection presentations will NOT be available.
The demo presenter will have 5 to 10 minutes to briefly explain the content of their demo.
Demo presenter are encouraged to use this time to show to everybody their working system, but they can also use some powerpoint or pdf slides.
The demo presenter will have a table of 70cm x70cm
After the short presentation, the demo will be available to the participant so that they can view demonstration fisthand.
Poster presenter will have 10 minutes to briefly explain the content or their posters.
They can use, for the presentation, the poster itself or some powerpoint or pdf slides.
The poster presenter will have a 90 cm x120 cm for their posters.
Material to attach the posters to the boards will be available at the conference venue.
PLEASE AVOID SIMPLY POSTING THE PAGES OF THE WRITTEN VERSION OF YOUR PAPER AS THESE WILL NOT MAKE AN EFFECTIVE POSTER PRESENTATION.<----- 90cm ----->